What is FLL?
FIRST LEGO League challenges kids in over 80 countries to think like scientists and engineers. During the season, teams will choose and solve a real-world problem in the Project. They will also build, test, and program an autonomous robot using LEGO MINDSTORMS® technology to solve a set of missions in the Robot Game. Throughout their experience, teams will operate under the FIRST LEGO League signature set of Core Values, celebrating discovery, teamwork, and Gracious Professionalism®.
FIRST LEGO League in numbers
The FIRST LEGO League Core Values are the cornerstones of the program. They are among the fundamental elements that distinguish FIRST LEGO League from other programs of its kind. By embracing the Core Values, participants learn that friendly competition and mutual gain are not separate goals, and that helping one another is the foundation of teamwork.
What is Gracious Professionalism®?
Proven, verifiable impact!
The positive impact FIRST LEGO League has on participants is gratifying and well documented. Over 88% are more interested in doing well in school, and 87% have more interest in attending college.
FIRST LEGO League teams get to:
- Research challenges facing today’s scientists
- Design, build, test and program robots using LEGO® MINDSTORMS® technology
- Apply real-world math and science concepts
- Learn critical thinking, team-building, and presentation skills
- Participate in tournaments and celebrations
- Understand and practice Gracious Professionalism®